China short video market is expected to record a value of US$134.30 billion in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 33.46% for the period spanning 2021-2025. Further, China live streaming market is anticipated to reach US$76.42 billion in 2025, experiencing growth at a CAGR of 35.29% during the period spanning from 2021 to 2025. Factors such as increasing population, growing adoption of smartphones, surging integration with artificial intelligence, mounting penetration of internet users and expanding urbanization would drive the growth of the market. However, the market growth would be challenged by stringent government regulations regarding video content, fake traffic on live streaming sites and low network connectivity. A few notable trends may include upsurge in demand for video content, accelerating penetration of 4G and 5G networks, escalating popularity of online videos and rising preference for live streaming over social posts.
Short videos and live streaming are gaining popularity on social platforms. Short videos offer social entertainment to users with fragmented time, while live streaming addresses real-time socializing needs. China has the world’s largest user base of short videos and live streaming.
Based on the type of live streaming, China live streaming market can be classified into two key categories, named as, game live streaming and non-game live streaming which includes entertainment, e-commerce and education among others.
Scope of the Report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of China short video & live streaming market, segmented on the basis of DAUs and type.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Tencent Holdings Ltd. (Tencent Video), Beijing Kuaishou Technology Co. Ltd. (Kuaishou), Momo Inc. (Momo), JOYY Inc. (Bigo Live), Bilibili Inc. (Bilibili) and ByteDance Ltd. (Douyin)) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Network Providers
• Video Streaming Service Providers and Distributors
• Web Browsing & Advertisement Agencies
• Potential Audience (Consumers & Business Entities)
• Industry Investors
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities