The global prostate cancer market is anticipated to reach US$14.41 billion in 2024, witnessing growth at a CAGR of 4.62%, over the period 2020-2024. Factors such as increasing geriatric population, rising healthcare expenditure, surging obese population, expanding urbanization, new drug approvals are expected to drive the market. The growth of the market would be challenged by severe side effects of the therapy, high cost associated with treatment and prolonged treatment durations. A few notable trends may include expansion of pharmaceutical industry, growing burden of prostate cancer and advancements in oncology.
The global prostate cancer market can be categorized on the basis of cancer type, drug and therapy. Depending upon the cancer type, the global prostate cancer market can broadly be divided into hormone refractory prostate cancer, hormone sensitive prostate cancer and other prostate cancer. According to drugs, the global prostate cancer market can be split into Enzalutamide, Abiraterone Acetate, Leuprorelin and other drugs. Whereas, in terms of therapy, the global prostate cancer market can be bifurcated into chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy and other therapies.
The fastest growing regional market is North America due to rising prevalence of prostate cancer in the region, highly competitive and developed medical sector, high investment in research and development activities for the development of newer immunotherapies and targeted drug therapies to treat various cancers. Europe represents the second largest prostate cancer market and is already well-penetrated at developed market levels.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global prostate cancer market segmented on the basis of cancer type, drug, therapy and region.
• The major regional and country markets (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World) have been analyzed.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Johnson & Johnson, Bayer AG, Sanofi S.A., AbbVie Inc., AstraZeneca PLC and Astellas Pharma, Inc.,) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Prostate Cancer Drug Manufacturers
• Prostate Cancer Medical Service Providers
• Pharmaceuticals and Biopharmaceutical Firms
• End Users (Hospitals, Cancer Research Institutes and Ambulatory & Radiotherapy Centers)
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities