The global air freight market is predicted to be valued at US$170.02 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.10% for the period spanning 2019-2023. Air freight refers to the transportation of goods via airways. It is considered as one of the fastest and safest mode of freight transportation. The air freight market is predicted to be driven by factors such as rising e-commerce, economic prosperity and increasing industrialization. The market growth is expected to be hindered by few challenges like rising protectionism, fluctuating fuel costs and security threats. Developments like investments in cold-chain technology and expansion in air freight capacities of the airlines are believed to drive the market in future.
The global air freight market is divided into two segments: international and domestic. The international air freight segment held a larger share of the market in 2018 and is expected to continue to hold a dominant share for the forecasted period, 2019-2023.
The dominant share of air freight market value is acquired by Asia-Pacific and the region continues to hold a higher share in the projected years. The growing demand from pharmaceutical industry and increasing investments in automation would drive the market. Europe represents the second dominant region in air freight market and the growth in the region is due to rising trend of import-export.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global air freight market, segmented into domestic and international.
• The major regional markets (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, MEA and Central & South America) have been analyzed, along with country coverage of the US.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (FedEx, Panalpina, DPDHL, Cargojet, Emirates and LATAM airlines) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Air Freight Carriers
• Supply Chain Partners
• End Users (Businesses/ Consumers)
• Consulting Firms
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities