The global latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) testing market is estimated to reach US$2.20 billion in 2025, witnessing growth at a CAGR of 5.89% for the period spanning from 2021 to 2025. The factors such as increase in ageing population, rising awareness of tuberculosis, upsurge in cigarette consumption, urbanization leading to monitoring and screening procedures, surging prevalence of HIV and growth in pharmaceutical research and development. However, growth of the industry will be challenged by multidrug resistant tuberculosis, stringent government regulations, lack of awareness in emerging markets and lack of laboratory facilities. A few notable trends include increasing healthcare expenditure in emerging markets, accelerating TB funding, escalating government initiatives and expansion of advanced and hybrid technologies.
The latent tuberculosis infection testing market can be segmented on the basis of type, named as Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) and Interferon Gamma Released Assay (IGRA). TST being a traditional test for tuberculosis diagnosis is the most recommended test. In the global latent tuberculosis testing market, the tuberculin skin test segment accounted for the higher share in 2020.
The fastest growing regional market is the U.S. due to increasing public awareness about diagnosis and treatment of the disease, growing healthcare expenditure on diagnosis and treatment of LTBI, expanding urbanization, accelerating TB funding. China, Japan and Europe and Middle East are emerging markets where growth lies in rising geriatric population, government expenditure on disease related initiatives and growing prevalence of HIV in the region.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global LTBI testing market segmented on the basis of type and region.
• The major regional markets (Europe and Middle East, Asia Pacific (Excluding Japan and China) and Latin America) have been analyzed, along with country coverage of the U.S., China and Japan.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Roche Holding AG, Abbott Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, BioMerieux SA, Qiagen N.V. and Oxford Immunotec Global PLC) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) Testing Devices Manufacturers
• Raw Material/Component Suppliers
• End Users (Physician Offices, Hospitals, Healthcare Clinics)
• Consulting Firms
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities