The global specialty cellulose market is anticipated to reach US$2.26 billion in 2024, growing at a CAGR of 3.36% during the period spanning from 2020 to 2024. The global specialty cellulose market demand is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 3.46% during the period spanning from 2020 to 2024 and reach 1.73 million tonnes in 2024. Factors such as increasing cigarette consumption, surging global population and biodegradability of cellulose acetate boosted the market demand for specialty cellulose. The increasing global primary forest loss is expected to act as a challenge for the market while the rising application of specialty cellulose in pharmaceutical industry would help the market in restoring growth.
The global specialty cellulose market demand can be segmented as follows: acetate, ether, MCC, nitrocellulose, specialty paper, tire cord, cellophane, casings and sponges. In 2019, the dominant share of the market was held by acetate specialty cellulose, followed by ether specialty cellulose. Cellulose acetate refers to any kind of acetate ester of cellulose, usually cellulose diacetate. It is made up of wood pulp through reactions with acetic acid and acetic anhydride in the presence of sulfuric acid for forming cellulose triacetate.
The global specialty cellulose market demand by region can be segmented into the following regions: America, China, Europe and ROW. In 2019, the dominant share of the market demand was held by America supported by the growing population, increasing spending power of consumers and growing demand for textiles and apparel. This was followed by China owing to the increasing residential and commercial construction in the region.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global specialty cellulose market with potential impact of COVID-19.
• The major regional markets America, China and Europe have been analyzed.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Eastman Chemical Company, Sappi, Celanese Corporation, Daicel Corporation, Rayonier and Borregaard) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Specialty Cellulose Manufacturers
• End Users (Businesses/Consumers)
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities