Asian cigarette market is forecasted to reach US$617.40 billion in 2025, experiencing growth at a CAGR of 5.61% during the period spanning from 2021 to 2025. Growth in the Asian cigarette market by value was due to increase in youth population, increase in female smokers and the increase in the stress level experienced by the people encouraging more people to smoke, inflation and the increase in gross domestic income driving the prices of the cigarettes thereby increasing the cigarette market value. However, the market growth would be challenged by increasing penetration of illicit cigarette, next generation products and decreasing number of habitual smokers.
Asian cigarette market by volume is forecasted to reach 2.99 trillion in 2025, experiencing a decline during the period spanning from 2021 to 2025. Decline in the Asian cigarette market by volume was due to increasing awareness of the health issues which are driving people to reduce the consumption, rise in number of alternate products like NGP, increase in the awareness through education system, and increase in the prices of the cigarette. The market is anticipated to experience certain trends like increasing preference of flavored cigarettes and increase in advertising campaigns.
In 2020, the dominant share of market was held by China followed by Indonesia, Japan, India, Korea, Philippines, Malaysia and Rest of Asia.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Asian cigarette market with potential impact of COVID-19.
• The major regional markets (China, Indonesia, Japan, India, Korea, Philippines, Malaysia and Rest of Asia) have been analyzed.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (China Tobacco International (HK) Company Limited, ITC, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco, Japan Tobacco International, Imperial Tobacco) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Retail Manufacturers
• Raw Material Providers
• End Users (Consumers)
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities