The global denim market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 2.81% during the period spanning 2019-2023. The market is expected to be valued at US$113.10 billion in 2023. Denim refers to rugged, sturdy and 100% cotton fabric, which was traditionally colored using indigo dye for manufacturing blue jeans. Denim fabric is mainly used for manufacturing jeans, jackets, shirts, dresses, skirts etc. It is considered as a strong and durable fabric which is comfortable too. There are various types of denim fabrics such as raw denim, poly denim, acid wash denim, and thermo denim. Growth in denim market is driven by various factors such as expanding e-commerce, growing working population, rising GDP and adoption of western lifestyle. There are some factors that are responsible for hindrances in the growth of denim market. These are fluctuating prices of raw materials, harmful environmental impacts of denim production and competition from substitute goods. To overcome the challenges in the market, key trends like development of eco-friendly denim and generating fashion consciousness in rural or backward areas are expected to boost the market in future.
The global denim market is divided into four segments: jeans, jackets & shirts, dresses and others. Denim jeans held the largest market share in 2018 and it is predicted to hold a dominant share in the forecasted period i.e., 2019-2023. The denim market by gender category is divided into two segments: men and women, where women segment held a larger share in the market.
Asia Pacific is the emerging region in the denim market accruing to various factors such as growing foreign direct investment, availability of cost-friendly raw materials and expanding base of working class. Europe is the leading region in denim market due to the growing purchasing power of the consumers, increasing investments in the clothing industry and technological upgradations.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global denim market, segmented into jeans, jackets & shirts, dresses and others (shorts, tops & skirts).
• The major regional markets (Asia Pacific, North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe & Others) have been analyzed, along with country coverage of India and the US.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Levi Strauss & Co., The Gap Inc., VF Corporation, PVH Corp., Ralph Lauren Corporation and H&M Group) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Denim Manufacturers
• Supply Chain Partners
• End Users (Businesses/ Consumers)
• Consulting Firms
• Investment Banks