The global crop protection market is estimated to reach US$65.04 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 2.97% for the period spanning from 2019 to 2023. The factors such as increasing population, urbanization, rising global economy, decreasing arable land and growing agriculture production are expected to drive the market. However, growth of the industry will be challenged by increasing adoption of genetically modified crops, stringent norms and availability of non-genuine products. A few notable trends include rising demand for animal feed, increasing demand for bio-herbicides, launch of new active ingredients and changing dietary preferences.
The global crop protection market is broadly segmented into four types which are insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and others. Herbicides accounted for the highest share in 2018 and contains more generic products relative to fungicides and insecticides.
The fastest growing regional market is Asia/Pacific due to growing production of grains along with rising population in Asia-Pacific countries, such as India, that have a major impact on the growth of the market. Large scale adoption of herbicides, food security and growing popularity of bio-based crop protection chemicals propelled the demand for crop protection in agriculture. The Americas represents one of the largest markets for crop protection and is already a well-penetrated market.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global crop protection market, segmented into insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and others.
• The major regional markets (Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East/Africa and NAFTA) have been analyzed, along with country coverage of the India and Brazil.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (BASF, Bayer, Syngenta AG, FMC, ADAMA Agricultural Solutions, Sumitomo Chemical) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Crop Protection Chemicals Manufacturers
• Raw Material Suppliers
• Research & Development Institutes
• Consulting Firms
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities