The global container shipping market is predicted to reach US$10.93 billion in 2025, progressing at a CAGR of 8.49% over the period 2021-2025. The factors such as growing population, accelerating economic growth, rising demand for shipping containers, increasing steel production and rapid urbanization would drive the growth of the market. However, the market growth would be challenged by mounting concerns regarding CO2 emissions, high shipment costs and environmental regulations. A few notable trends include dropping oil prices, surging coal demand, advancements in container shipping and growing trend of containerization.
The global container shipping market has been segmented on the basis of container size and type. In terms of type, the global container shipping market can be bifurcated into small container, large container and high cube container. Whereas, the container shipping market can be segmented into dry storage containers, flat rack containers, refrigerated containers and other containers, on the basis of type.
The fastest growing regional market is North America due to improved transportation services, increased production and transportation of different categories of cargo from the region to different parts of the world, availability of larger coastal line and increase in dependency over seaborne trade. Further, the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 has created an unfavorable impact on the market as the strict lockdown in multiple countries has sealed national borders and halted various shipping activities.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global container shipping market segmented on the basis of container size, type and region.
• The major regional and country markets (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and LAMEA) have been analyzed.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM S.A., COSCO SHIPPING Holdings Co. Ltd., Hapag-Lloyd AG, Evergreen Marine Corp., and Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Shipping Companies
• Shipping Container Manufacturers
• Shipping Container Suppliers, Distributors and Other Stake Holders
• End-User Industries
• Research and Consulting Firms