The global toys and games market is expected to record a value of US$141.16 billion by 2026, witnessing growth at a CAGR of 5.40%, over the period 2022-2026. Growth in the toys and games market has accrued due to an upsurge in kids population, inflating disposable income levels, mounting obesity rates among children, urging proliferation of toy subscription services and increasing commercialization of renowned movie and cartoon characters. However, the growth of the market would be challenged by accelerating penetration of smartphones & tablets, availability of counterfeit products and seasonal demand & short life of merchandise and collectibles. A few notable trends may include thriving e-commerce industry, growing use of social media, surging millennial spending, integration of technology and rising popularity of innovative toy packaging.
The global toys and games market has been segmented on the basis of product type, age group and retail channel. According to product type, the market can be bifurcated into dolls & action figures, games and puzzles, infant & preschool toys, outdoor & sports toys, building sets and others. On the basis of mode of operation, the global market can be split into 0-8 years, 9-15 years and 15 years & above. Whereas, in terms of retail channel, the toys and games market can be categorized into non-store retailing (i.e., internet retailing), specialty retailers, grocery retailers and mixed retailers.
The fastest growing regional market is North America due to high expendable incomes, growing awareness of the educational and developmental benefits of toys, increasing adult population and their inclination towards the indoor board and card games and significant presence of major players in the region.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global toys and games market segmented on the basis of product type, age group, retail channel and region with potential impact of COVID-19.
• The major regional and country markets (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa) along with the country coverage of the U.S. and China have been analyzed.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (The Lego Group, Bandai Namco Holdings Inc., Hasbro Inc., Mattel, Inc., Tomy Company, Ltd. and Funko Inc.) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Toys & Games Manufacturers, Suppliers & Distributors
• Raw Material Suppliers
• End Users
• Investing Companies & Banks
• Government Bodies such as Regulating Authorities and Policy Makers