The US lettuce and chicory market is forecasted to reach US$5.22 billion in 2027, experiencing growth at a CAGR of 2.60% during the period spanning from 2023 to 2027. Growth in the lettuce and chicory market is supported by factors such as rising population, rising middle class spending, shift towards veganism/ vegetarianism, increasing awareness regarding the health benefit of chicory and rising social media influence. However, the market growth is expected to be restrained by higher technical expertise required for producing certain chicory-based products and short shelf life of lettuce and chicory.
The global lettuce and chicory consumption by region can be segmented as follows: China, the US, India and other. In 2022, the dominant share of global lettuce and chicory consumption was held by China, followed by the US.
The US lettuce market by type can be segmented as follows: leaf & romaine lettuce and head lettuce. The larger share of the market was held by leaf & romaine lettuce. Factors such as growing popularity of salad kits and packaged salads and growing organic lettuce market helped in boosting market growth. The US lettuce market by export destinations can be segmented as follows: Canada, Mexico and other countries. The dominant export destination of the US is Canada.
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic had a strong impact on the growth of the lettuce & chicory market. COVID-19 related restrictions have adversely affected many foodservice items, but the elevated levels of home cooking during the pandemic ensured that overall demand for lettuce and chicory remained consistent.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the US lettuce & chicory market with potential impact of COVID-19.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Cargill, Inc., Sudzucker AG, Dole plc, Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, Wm. B. Reily & Company Inc. and Royal Cosun) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Grocery Retailers
• Lettuce & chicory producers, suppliers and shippers
• End User Industries
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities