The China fresh grocery market is forecasted to reach US$976.11 billion in 2025, experiencing growth at a CAGR of 4.60% during the period spanning from 2021 to 2025. Growth in the China fresh grocery market was supported by factors such as aging population, rising disposable income, growth in organic food market and rising adoption of e-commerce. However, the market growth is expected to be restrained by regulatory tightening, infrastructural & logistic challenges and high wastage & low profit margins.
The China grocery market by type can be segmented as follows: fresh grocery market and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG). In 2020, the dominant share of China grocery market was held by fresh grocery, followed by FMCG. The China grocery market by channel can be segmented as follows: brick and mortar and online channel. The largest share of the market was being held by brick and mortar, followed by online channel. The China brick & mortar store grocery market can be further segmented as follows: modern retailing, traditional retailing and other, whereas online grocery market can be further segmented as follows: traditional e-commerce, on-demand and community group purchase.
The China fresh grocery market by product can be segmented as follows: dairy products & eggs, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, fresh meat, fresh fish and fresh seafood. In 2020, the dominant share of market was being held by dairy products & eggs, followed by fresh vegetables and fresh fruits. Factors such as expansion in lower tier cities and changing lifestyle and dietary patterns helped in boosting market growth.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the China grocery market with focus on fresh segment with potential impact of COVID-19.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Walmart Inc., JD.com, Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Sun Art Retail Group Limited, Yonghui Superstores Co. Limited, China Resources Holdings Co., Ltd.) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• Grocery Retailers
• Warehouse Players
• E-Grocery Players
• End Users (Businesses/Consumers)
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities