The global e-bike market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.39% during the period spanning 2019-2023. The market is expected to be valued at US$21.13 billion in 2023. The growth of the market has been driven by accelerating economic growth, rising urbanization, increasing traffic congestion, upsurge in tourism activities and higher fuel prices. Growth of the market would be challenged by hiking prices of e-bikes, requirement of frequent charging and risk with Lithium ion batteries. To overcome the challenges in the market, noteworthy trends like reducing cost of Li-ion batteries, advancements in technological innovations and increasing government initiatives are expected to boost the market in future.
The global e-bike market is categorized on the basis of product type, motor type and battery type. On the basis of product type, the global e-bike market can broadly be divided as, Pedelecs, Throttle and Scooters & Motorcycles. In terms of motor type, the global market can be categorized into Hub motor, Mid drive motor and Others. On the basis of battery type, the global e-bike market can segmented into Lead acid, Lithium ion, Nickel-metal hydride and Others.
The fastest growing regional market is Europe due to increasing urbanization, rising disposable income, increasing tourism activities, development of technologically advanced and lightweight e-bikes and heightened demand for eco-friendly vehicles. Asia Pacific represents one of the largest e-bike market and is already well-penetrated at developed market levels. North America is an emerging market where growth lies in increasing investment in vehicle charging infrastructure and research support for innovative high-density batteries.
Scope of the report:
• The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global e-bike market, segmented on the basis of product type, motor type and battery type.
• The major regional markets (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America and Middle East & Africa) have been analyzed.
• The market dynamics such as growth drivers, market trends and challenges are analyzed in-depth.
• The competitive landscape of the market, along with the company profiles of leading players (Shimano Inc., Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Merida Industry Co. Ltd., Accell Group, Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd. and the Bosch Group) are also presented in detail.
Key Target Audience:
• E-bike Manufacturers
• Component Suppliers
• End Users (Businesses/ Consumers)
• Consulting Firms
• Investment Banks
• Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities.